Morro CacheDrive G40 is cloud storage gateway appliance that is designed for SMB’s where it can be used as a cloud storage, local disk cache storage, and even file sync & share applications across the networks.
Morro CacheDrive G40 features Intel Dual Core 2.16GHz processor, 2GB RAM, and 1TB Hard Disk Drive State Drive (SSD) internal storage. CacheDrive requires Morro Data cloud subscription to work, just like a browser it stores some cache files on the CacheDrive and updates/sync every time you use it. Users can download files from the cloud storage to CacheDrive and shared it other user users in the network.
Four main features Morro CacheDrive are Encryption with AES-256 and data are transported via SSL, Compression, Deduplication, Versioning and other advanced data management technologies.
Morro Data Cloud Subscription
- Starting at $39 per month for the single plan with 0-1 Gateway and comes with 1TB Cloud storage
- Small Plan at $49 with 2-4 Gateway and comes with 1TB Cloud storage
- Medium Plan at $79 with 5-11 Gateway and comes with 1TB Cloud storage
- $39 Extra Storage.month for every 1TB
Read more about Morro Data cloud subscription here. You can create an account here https://account.morrodata.com/
The CacheDrive G40 has 2 USB port and audio jack at the front, while at the back are the power source port, HDMI, Gigabit LAN, 2x USB port, and VGA connector.
At the top are the power button and small LED notification for HDD activity. Both sides have grills which are used reduce the temperature of the CacheDrive G40 since this device is powered by Intel Dual Core 2.16GHz processor.
Morro CACHEDRIVE G40 Specs
- Intel Dual-Core Processor
- 1 TB 2.5″ Hard Disk Drive Internal Storage
- 1 port, 10/100/1000 Mbps LAN
- VGA, USB, HDMI, optical ports only for debug mode, not used in operation
- Construction: Plastic shell with metal inner structure
- Storage: Deduplication, compression, file versioning
- Amazon S3-based cloud storage
- Security: AES 256-bit encryption, SSL
Morro CacheDrive G40 is priced at $499 up to 20 users plus Morro Data cloud subscription to work. Its great for companies with different office locations so that they can all work together just like working in the same office. It’s simple to use, users can drag-n-drop files in the most familiar local file manager.
Refer to the article: http://www.adobotech.net/morro-cachedrive-g40/