FREMONT, Calif., March 20, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) Morro Data, an innovative provider of cloud-first global file services, today introduced its MSPEdge Program, a channel initiative that enables Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and other cloud service providers to leverage Morro Data’s CloudNAS hybrid-cloud architecture to immediately deliver enterprise-class storage services to the underserved Small- and Medium-sized Business (SMB) market. Designed specifically for the SMB market, CloudNAS delivers one of the highest performance and most versatile 3-in-1 global file services solutions for storage consolidation, multiple office file sync, and instant disaster recovery.
“Explosive data growth is a reality for SMBs, particularly those with multiple locations,” said Paul Tien, founder and CEO of Morro Data. “A hybrid-cloud architecture resolves many of the challenges, but even then, this solution can be too complex for many businesses without sufficient in-house IT expertise. For MSPs, this is a missing arrow in their quiver of services. Our MSPEdge program lets MSPs immediately serve this neglected market.”
Morro Data’s CloudNAS is designed to deliver the performance and scale necessary for businesses with hundreds of users that require large capacity across multiple locations. CloudNAS combines Morro Data’s Cache & Sync technology with its Global File System to ensure businesses have the highest level of file access performance, unlimited storage capacity and collaboration services such as file locks, versioning, and replication. Now, MSPEdge makes these capabilities available to MSPs as a new service offering. According to a 2017 survey of SMBs by Clutch, more than 80 percent of this market has adopted paid cloud storage services for backup or other applications. For MSPs, this represents an untapped market hungry for services that deliver superior performance and functionality at an attractive price point.
The MSPEdge platform provides the missing components that address SMB storage pain points. Some of these features include:
- Hybrid-cloud architecture: CloudNAS is unique in its ability to deliver a NAS-like performance and user experience via its CacheDrive devices combined with cloud reliability, scalability and accessibility
- Storage Consolidation: CloudNAS makes it simple to consolidate primary and secondary storage across sites and for archive, eliminating hard to manage storage silos
- Multi-office File Sync: Morro Data is the only vendor that enables SMBs to sync their files across multiple locations without needing a VPNs or sync software
- Cloud Provider Agnosticism: MSPs can select the cloud provider of their choice, be it AWS 3, Wasabi, Backblaze B2, and more
- Cloud-based Management of Clients: Morro Cloud Manager makes it easy to deploy, manage, and analyze individual accounts
- Superior Business Model: Affordable Pricing based on device, not user, enabling MSPs to generate higher margin services
“Leveraging Morro’s CloudNAS 3-in-1 File Services was really a ‘no brainer’ for me,” said Nate Ruehs, partner with MSP Network Management. “They enable me to offer an easy-to-deploy, easily managed service I know my customers want and need at a price point both parties find acceptable. If you have customers that have more than one location, Morro Data’s MSPEdge program is really the only game in town.”
Pricing and Availability
Morro Data’s MSPEdge program is looking for partners today. For more product and service information visit https://www.morrodata.com/company/partners/.
About Morro Data
Paul Tien founded Morro Data in Fremont, California. Paul is one of the original visionaries for simple, high capacity, desktop storage for SMBs. A decade ago he launched ReadyNAS, which was later acquired by NETGEAR. Now, Paul and the Morro Data team strive to reinvent NAS for the Cloud era. Morro Data continues its legacy for simple IT, by moving NAS to the Cloud for reliable, accessible and scalable data storage, all while delivering local gigabit performance. Morro Data’s CloudNAS Series is 3-in-1 global file services for businesses to quickly and efficiently manage unlimited file storage, multiple office file sync, and disaster recovery. For more information, visit www.morrodata.com.
For Morro Data
Tel: (408) 772-1551